It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Supporter Treatment
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:02 pm 
Major
Major

technicaly what he did was not bannable especialy with that very grey line of him actualy being a slave colony or a planned person to stay in NO (and if they do stay it is not considered a "slave colony" unless the definition of slave changed

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:07 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
Bigest problem i have is. Why is this even a problem? Dont cheat ore do enything worng at this wont be problem.

Players that do not follow the rules should not get enything back when they do get caught doing it. If it was wrong ban sure they should get back what they have lost. Only players that should get somthng back from cheating is the once that is hurt by it.

Its because its too idealistic torpet. Its an internet game.

Seems Ive gotta do another question... what is a game? Its an irrealistic presentation of a challenge. We WANT an idealistic game. If we wanted reality, there was always baseball, or football, or basketball, or something. True, this game needs a certain grade of reality, but it must be more ideal than real. I bet most of the ppl here play to get away from all that crap from the real world. A nice time. Now why oh why you wanna bring that same crap here? This is just making bullies out of supporters, which is something that will not attract the most players here, nor encourage the current ones to stay. Actually, quite the contrary.

The New Brotherhood of Steel... brothers till death rip us apart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

i have skimmed through this very quickly so feel free to add any comments you think i might of missed, now, what daemon did was not bannable, luis joined and daemon sent him tokens, what he did was a strategy, now, luis was a member of NO, who recived tokens, yet their is a button to send tokens to a random colony, that proves my point their, and if it is bannable please add it to the rules and remove this feature on the profile. now, to the point of this topic, supporters should not be treated diffrently, daemon was banned wrongly yes, that is a mistake, but that has nothing to with it, think in real life, should the richer serve less time in jail if they commit a crime? compared to a poorer person? no, not at all, rules are the same for everyone, and so is the punishments, thats how it has been, thats how it is, and thats how it should remain.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:48 pm 
Major
Major

correct rildor this was not against the rules 1 bit it was cheap but i'm sure kane here has his influence over the admins in someway to get what he wants

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:54 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I thought Seth doesn't like Kevin.. I don't know ._.

But, if you want BD to treat supporters better than non-supporters, might as well turn BD into a pay-to-play game. (At least we won't have minorities spamming yo mines and ops.. I think :D)

Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:10 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

little conquerer this post needs to be two posts.. their is one for the daemon treatment and one for the post title hehe, cause on one ill be defending admin seth and the other going against him. but u guys need to realise, as much as daemon is my main bd freind, dont be too harsh on seth, yes i completly agree it was a mistake and now e4 has ended over it, but we all make mistakes, if seth didint act how he thinks he should act, then he would not deserve the admin job, he needs to make decisions himself, and then we can discuss them on the forums, theirs no need to shout at him! but yes this will most likley be my last post here, ill sum up my comments, yes i belive daemon was unfairly banned, but again whats done is done, and second i dont think suppoters should be treated diffrently, as that is for one unfair,i belive if anyone thinks this then they have the intention to cheat. point is follow the rules and you want be banned supporter / non supporter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:27 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah this is not for discussing Daemons ban. On the other hand, Torpet, to answer your question, the current system of Administration simply wont work. It works for you because you are in one of the best teams and you always win. Not all teams are as accomplished. When everything works for you, you tend to not see what actually goes on in many other cases. You dont cheat or attempt to. Heck even I dont. Many others dont. But a lot of people do. Its a fact, and it will always be like that.

Now there are reasons why people cheat. And some of them have to do with the nature of the game. Some of them are "cheaters" because the admin thinks so - case in point, E4 this era, JD's case. Now I dont wanna delve into his case here, in this thread, but you get the idea, how rules are interpreted too stiffly, and people deemed cheaters because a couple of people whined about it. All this is as much an abuse of the game as much as a person actually cheating. To prevent such things, you need to bring stricter rules and regulations and proper processes - again read Spydas post.

I am not talking about treating supporters "differently" I am more into having a little bit of business sense before handling a customer, whether he cheated or not. Simply perm banning him and throwing him out of the game is not a solution.

And before some of you guys comment, please read back on all the comments, what was discussed, what was proposed by players like Spyda, who actually understood the issue, and then come back and talk something like - "Treating supporters differently is (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..). The game should be a pay to play game in that case". Its because of people like you, that dont read what is written, that ideas are shot down easily, and any argument will fail to make any sense. Vault and a few others, this goes for you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Since we are getting closer to realism, lets look at spyda's idea from a real perspective: if you keep letting it easy 4 ppl 2 cheat, they will always, ALWAYS, try to get more and more advantage out of it. They will push the line eventually. This is pure human nature. We let them easy now, next time so, third time out. Yet if the guy just needs 2 times? Then how would the honorable ppl feel? What good is it to leave the rich millionaire smoke in the non-smoke area, if all the other customers leave as they feel unconfortable? Even if the millionaire pays 4 everything, they will not sell anything. Its not a healthy investment, so the millionaire retires, leaving not a single customer.

And again I return with the questions I have made before my previous arguments: What is this game and why do we play? Its a challenge set under certain rules. That is what makes it fun! And ofc it is logical you want to win, but still you must respect the rules no matter what! Even if I personaly disagree with some, or simply dislike them all, doesnt mean I want them gone, or that BD needs them gone! They make this game as fun as it is, and it IS very fun, when you play it honestly, and relying on your abilities rather than on some cheap way 2 get around the rules, which ruin the experience of others.

And rlly, if your ideas are shot down easily, it might b because they were wrong? Why is it our fault, when we do have the right do publicly disagree, and argue the ideas with any1? It would be your job to defend it. And let me say this now be4 any harmful comments are made, but I respect you as a player, and your opinion. I just strongly disagree, and Im making my voice heard. Now if I did not attend to all the points you have expressed my bad and Id b willing 2 write any and all more comments necessary to express my idea clearly. And soz if I offended u, but I like 2 call things as they are (got it from u, u know who ;D).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:31 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Wait what? Dude you have no idea what I posted. You are definitely making your voice heard, but what you say I implied, is not what I said. Get that right.

First of all, the ingame "Do not cheat" rules do not make the game challenging. It should not. It should only ensure fair play. Now indeed, if some ingame rules are bull, then they need to go. Who is anyone to say BD needs them? BD has some rules written in the ToS. Other rules are just made by admins from what they see ingame, along the way and most often end up making biased or abusive decisions.

Now, I never said let the cheater go or let the millionaire smoke in the non smoking area. But punishing someone harshly, is simply an idealistic and childish way of working with a problem and it is bad business sense. Its not like the person should be thrown away from the game. He can be punished while you also ensure that your customer stays with you. Also, admins should not interfere the way they do today ingame.

My ideas are never shot down. But when you talk about something, make sure you are fully informed. When you reply next, dont reply to this post of mine. Read all the posts in the previous pages. If you dont have time for that, dont make wrong comments.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:12 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
Its because of people like you, that dont read what is written, that ideas are shot down easily, and any argument will fail to make any sense. Vault and a few others, this goes for you guys.

If you talked to me personally about this, it means youre defending this idea, hence you dont want me 2 go against it, since Ill make it fail from having any sence. And how about that, when you talk, do it with some sense, and remember what you last wrote pls? K? I also think I was pretty polite in my last comment. Seems I must regret it now, as you show no respect 2 me. And you also show no respect to the great efforts Admins put in this game to make it fair and playable. Also, I know what youre saying, yet they do have consecuences, and they must b calculated just as well.

And what do you call a challenge, exactly? Just a friend to tell you 2 make a lap? But if he doesnt put rules, you can just step backwards, and a step forward. There you go, u crossed the line, and u did the lap! Wohoo, so much fun!!! Oh wait, just 1 second of fun, your friend left, and you won nothing at all! The ToS says what is absolutely wrong, yet the game rules dictate how to play the game itself! It makes the challenge, as it tells you how to step over the players, and how not to!

And cmon, do you think these players want 2 come here with fancy dress and a suitcase, sit at front of their PCs and do business in a game? Thats what business games are 4 at other pages! Were not here 2 resolve problems. Were here to have a fun time! Sure, we have to resolve the game's problems, and if you wanna win very badly, youll have to dedicate a lot to it. But you get even more fun and fulfillment from it! Its all proportional to the effort you put into this game. And effort is what fuels BD.

Punishing the wrong deed is childish? Go tell the local cops that. If the costumer is really interested in playing this game right, he will do so. If he cheated as he didnt know he was, or an honest-to-goodnes mistake, it can be resolved. And the whole sistem doesnt have 2 change just because errors can happen: then go ell God 2 make you inmortal ;) And if he/she can't obey the rules, then BD is a better place without him.

The New Brotherhood of Steel... brothers till death rip us apart

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next