It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:31 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4756
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Jasper Alexander wrote:
Anyone here who would mind Obama being a Muslim?

If so, please say so. Also give me your positions for your next age of play.


Because you can consider me your personal enemy, I don't like discriminating people.


Me either. My point was that the people that are so devoted to following him like a lost puppy should learn about their savior. I don't care if he's a Mulsim,Catholic,Islamic,Jewish,Atheist etc. But what i do care about is why people are so ignorant. They voted for him, and don't know anything about him.

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:22 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
apollo wrote:
Jasper Alexander wrote:
Anyone here who would mind Obama being a Muslim?

If so, please say so. Also give me your positions for your next age of play.


Because you can consider me your personal enemy, I don't like discriminating people.


Me either. My point was that the people that are so devoted to following him like a lost puppy should learn about their savior. I don't care if he's a Mulsim,Catholic,Islamic,Jewish,Atheist etc. But what i do care about is why people are so ignorant. They voted for him, and don't know anything about him.

funny that, i have read martin luther king's biography but i wouldnt read obama's.
politicians bore me.

face it, Obama is intelligent, he is charismatic and can freaking inspire americans to cry by moving them with his words. if anything can fix the world, it would be a little less guns and a lot more obamas.

while his religion might influence some things... as far as im concerned he is as christian as G. W. Bush.
Jesus was one of the most early supporters of socialism so i dont get the conservative right wing christian hicks.
in short. why even bring that up? unless you were hoping there were more muslim hating gun totting haters out there to help you flame wastefully.

btw, im only angry as you have ignored that evolution topic without showing that you resign on that point. no sportsmanship.
if those were the limit of your points then you need to reconsider what you call arguments.

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:32 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4756
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Im on the fence for Evolution. But if Obama is so amazing, why has he quadroupled the American debt in 5 months in office? Why are many of our top critics in the nation who were once Obama supporters chaniging their mind. He has a powerful voice, but a weak mind. Obama is not going to fix America. If anything, hes gonna screw up worse than Carter. And he was BADDDD. Obama should not have won. Many people voted him in because he is half black. I know for a fact many didnt care about the issues. Which is not fair to McCain or any other candidates. Obama will not solve this worlds problems, if anything, hes going to make them worse

/rant

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:48 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4756
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
There are many ways that countries are run. Obviously, most are run by officials--but what kind of system do they govern by? Some of the most important systems used today are capitalism, socialism, and communism.
Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production are privately owned. Business organizations produce goods for a market guided by the forces of supply and demand. Capitalism requires a financial system that enables business firms to borrow large sums of money, or capital, to maintain and expand production. Underlying capitalism is the presumption that private enterprise is the most efficient way to organize economic activity. Freedom, under capitalism, has only one meaning: freedom form the initiation of force by others. Politically, the root political cause of capitalism is freedom
The marketplace is the center of the capitalist system. It determines what will be produced, who will produce it, and how the rewards of the economic process will be distributed. From a political standpoint, the market system has two distinct advantages over other ways of organizing the economy: (a) no person or combination of persons can control the marketplace, which means that power cannot be monopolized by a certain party or a special interest group; (b) the market system tends to reward efficiency with profits and to punish inefficiency with losses. Economists often speak of capitalism as a
free-market system ruled by competition. But capitalism in this ideal sense cannot be found anywhere in the world. The economic systems operating in Western countries today are mixtures of free competition and governmental control.
Socialism is a form of government where the right to property is vested in the government. The term socialism is commonly used to refer both to an ideology--a comprehensive set of beliefs or ideas about the nature of human society and its future desirable state--and to a state of society based on that ideology. Socialists have always
claimed to stand above all for the values of equality, social justice, cooperation, progress, and individual freedom and happiness, and they have generally sought to realize these values by the abolition of the private-enterprise economy and its replacement by "public ownership," a system of social or state control over production and distribution. Methods of transformation advocated by socialists range from popular education through constitutional change to violent revolution.
Communism is a system of governing where the government explicitly eliminates freedom of speech, and makes liberal use of propaganda designed to create allegiance to communism and hatred of other forms of government, especially capitalism. The term
communism is generally applied to the Marxist-Leninist political doctrines that guided the USSR until its disintegration in 1991 and that were shared by governments and political parties in eastern Europe, China, and elsewhere. The term also denotes the centralized political system of China and of the former Soviet Union and its satellite countries in Eastern Europe. This system, associated with collective ownership of the means of production, central economic planning, and rule by a single political party, was discredited almost everywhere outside China, North Korea, Cuba, and Vietnam as a result of its collapse in Europe and the USSR. Communism is a distant cousin of the 19th-century socialism.
Communism is not as much a form of Socialism, as much as it is the next step after Socialism. In a socialist government, there still is a central controlling body overseeing the welfare of the people. In an ideal communist government, the central government is nearly completely dissolved. Communism, generally, is seen as a bad
system because of its dark past, and is very rarely seen in today s world. But if communism were used by non-corrupt leaders who actually knew how to run it correctly, it might be a success. Capitalism, unlike communism, is dependent on private individuals control of the economy, instead of the governments. That is one of the benefits of capitalism; the success or failure comes from the public s determination to stay in control. Socialism is similar to capitalism, but here, the government own the businesses and therefore runs the economy.
Fortunately our leaders chose a good way to run this country--once again putting most of the government, at least somewhat, in the public s hands. After that, it is up to us as to what happens, but this way, the Constitution is followed more closely and the
power is left to the people

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:15 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 3027
Location: Look outside of the window, look to the tree... See the figure? That's not me.
Gender: male
mrducky wrote:
apollo wrote:
Jasper Alexander wrote:
Anyone here who would mind Obama being a Muslim?

If so, please say so. Also give me your positions for your next age of play.


Because you can consider me your personal enemy, I don't like discriminating people.


Me either. My point was that the people that are so devoted to following him like a lost puppy should learn about their savior. I don't care if he's a Mulsim,Catholic,Islamic,Jewish,Atheist etc. But what i do care about is why people are so ignorant. They voted for him, and don't know anything about him.

funny that, i have read martin luther king's biography but i wouldnt read obama's.
politicians bore me.

face it, Obama is intelligent, he is charismatic and can freaking inspire americans to cry by moving them with his words. if anything can fix the world, it would be a little less guns and a lot more obamas.

while his religion might influence some things... as far as im concerned he is as christian as G. W. Bush.
Jesus was one of the most early supporters of socialism so i dont get the conservative right wing christian hicks.
in short. why even bring that up? unless you were hoping there were more muslim hating gun totting haters out there to help you flame wastefully.

btw, im only angry as you have ignored that evolution topic without showing that you resign on that point. no sportsmanship.
if those were the limit of your points then you need to reconsider what you call arguments.




You don't need to read all topics, I for one spend around 6 hours a day answering all topic on more serious forums, don't have the guts to suggest I should put more time in the BD forums.

Your forgetting a single fact, Hitler was also very charismatic and could inspire people with his words.


There is a huge difference between politician qualities and leadership qualities...

_________________
Best Regards,

Alexander V


Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:20 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4756
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Jasper, when u can, read my post, and tell me what u think?

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:50 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 3027
Location: Look outside of the window, look to the tree... See the figure? That's not me.
Gender: male
I will do it now, Apollo, because you ask so nicely =P It's long though :p


apollo wrote:
There are many ways that countries are run. Obviously, most are run by officials--but what kind of system do they govern by? Some of the most important systems used today are capitalism, socialism, and communism.
Capitalism is an economic system in which the means of production are privately owned. Business organizations produce goods for a market guided by the forces of supply and demand. Capitalism requires a financial system that enables business firms to borrow large sums of money, or capital, to maintain and expand production. Underlying capitalism is the presumption that private enterprise is the most efficient way to organize economic activity. Freedom, under capitalism, has only one meaning: freedom form the initiation of force by others. Politically, the root political cause of capitalism is freedom
The marketplace is the center of the capitalist system. It determines what will be produced, who will produce it, and how the rewards of the economic process will be distributed. From a political standpoint, the market system has two distinct advantages over other ways of organizing the economy: (a) no person or combination of persons can control the marketplace, which means that power cannot be monopolized by a certain party or a special interest group; (b) the market system tends to reward efficiency with profits and to punish inefficiency with losses. Economists often speak of capitalism as a
free-market system ruled by competition. But capitalism in this ideal sense cannot be found anywhere in the world. The economic systems operating in Western countries today are mixtures of free competition and governmental control.
Socialism is a form of government where the right to property is vested in the government. The term socialism is commonly used to refer both to an ideology--a comprehensive set of beliefs or ideas about the nature of human society and its future desirable state--and to a state of society based on that ideology. Socialists have always
claimed to stand above all for the values of equality, social justice, cooperation, progress, and individual freedom and happiness, and they have generally sought to realize these values by the abolition of the private-enterprise economy and its replacement by "public ownership," a system of social or state control over production and distribution. Methods of transformation advocated by socialists range from popular education through constitutional change to violent revolution.
Communism is a system of governing where the government explicitly eliminates freedom of speech, and makes liberal use of propaganda designed to create allegiance to communism and hatred of other forms of government, especially capitalism. The term
communism is generally applied to the Marxist-Leninist political doctrines that guided the USSR until its disintegration in 1991 and that were shared by governments and political parties in eastern Europe, China, and elsewhere. The term also denotes the centralized political system of China and of the former Soviet Union and its satellite countries in Eastern Europe. This system, associated with collective ownership of the means of production, central economic planning, and rule by a single political party, was discredited almost everywhere outside China, North Korea, Cuba, and Vietnam as a result of its collapse in Europe and the USSR. Communism is a distant cousin of the 19th-century socialism.
Communism is not as much a form of Socialism, as much as it is the next step after Socialism. In a socialist government, there still is a central controlling body overseeing the welfare of the people. In an ideal communist government, the central government is nearly completely dissolved. Communism, generally, is seen as a bad
system because of its dark past, and is very rarely seen in today s world. But if communism were used by non-corrupt leaders who actually knew how to run it correctly, it might be a success.

I disagree to that, the human race can't live with full equality and honesty. We need bad times, and the idea of improvement to truly enjoy live and reach full productivity.
Apollo wrote:
Capitalism, unlike communism, is dependent on private individuals control of the economy, instead of the governments. That is one of the benefits of capitalism; the success or failure comes from the public s determination to stay in control. Socialism is similar to capitalism, but here, the government own the businesses and therefore runs the economy.
Fortunately our leaders chose a good way to run this country--once again putting most of the government, at least somewhat, in the public s hands. After that, it is up to us as to what happens, but this way, the Constitution is followed more closely and the
power is left to the people

Why do you compare Socialism to Capitalism, instead of to Liberalism?

Socialism is far larger then Capitalism, Capitalism is purely economical, where Socialism is a true ideology. Even though they can be compared, I think Liberalism would be a far better candidate for this.

Communism is based upon Socialism, where Capitalism is based upon liberalism (both roughly).


For the rest, it's a good post and I have to say I agree to most things. It sounds like a passage in my history book =)

_________________
Best Regards,

Alexander V


Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:11 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
apollo wrote:
Im on the fence for Evolution. But if Obama is so amazing, why has he quadroupled the American debt in 5 months in office?

because he went about trying to fix this financial crisis.

he went about a form of stimulus and bailouts to ensure jobs are kept so more employment stays up and houses/livelihoods (ie retirement nest eggs) arent destroyed by this passing phase.

of course it would have resulted in debt.

Quote:
Why are many of our top critics in the nation who were once Obama supporters chaniging their mind. He has a powerful voice, but a weak mind. Obama is not going to fix America. If anything, hes gonna screw up worse than Carter. And he was BADDDD.

now now, to say he has a weak mind is completely stupid of you. you should know he is more intelligent then you and me. have you looked around the world? people that were once blacklisted as monsters are now considering breaking in their ways and resorting to more peaceful methods. PURELY because of obama.

Quote:
Obama should not have won. Many people voted him in because he is half black. I know for a fact many didnt care about the issues. Which is not fair to McCain or any other candidates. Obama will not solve this worlds problems, if anything, hes going to make them worse

that right. DEMOCRACY SUCKS! DIE DEMOCRACY DIEEEEEE!!
welcome to the 21st century where everyone in USA can vote. this includes blacks+minorities, quite a step up from the 20th century :roll:
uneducated redneck hicks who correlate obama with gun control and vote for mccain for purely that reason get to vote just as a complete moron may vote for obama.
obama won. you know who should not have won? G. W. Bush.
Al Gore clearly kicked his ass. he won on a technicality. a majority of americans prefered greeny gore.
and besides. why would ANY experienced senator pick a dumb lady like Sarah Palin? Hilary was smart. Palin expressed repeatedly how little she was ready for the role of president if mccain kicked the bucket.
sarah palin was chosen cause she can say "YOU BETCHA" and be called a "hockey mom".
and as far as i can see, obama has bridged many worldwide relations.


Quote:
You don't need to read all topics, I for one spend around 6 hours a day answering all topic on more serious forums, don't have the guts to suggest I should put more time in the BD forums.

Your forgetting a single fact, Hitler was also very charismatic and could inspire people with his words.


There is a huge difference between politician qualities and leadership qualities...

did you get slammed in the evolution thread? i was talking to apollo.

hitler was a brilliant politician. he showed he could lead when he fought a war on two fronts, while he might have been more messed up then a brain dead lunatic. he was brilliant in his own sense. he rose from nothing to fuhrer in 10 years, solved germany's depression problems and managed to systematically crumble the world in front of everyone.

of course, with the deranged whacked out nuttyness, when berlin was being artillery shelled and hitler was designing berlin as a cultural center of the 1000 year reich his leadership skills probably werent up to notch...

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:47 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 3027
Location: Look outside of the window, look to the tree... See the figure? That's not me.
Gender: male
I mean in general, did I say "I Don't need to read all topics "? No, I said You. You can't expect people to read everything, thats BC. I used my own reason for not answering all topics for example.

_________________
Best Regards,

Alexander V


Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Socialism
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:43 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4756
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Ducky,Obama Tried to fix the problem, and what a spot on job he did, hmm? And also ducky, My IQ is actually 159, just under genius level, so dont tell me that im not smart.

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl