It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Should Nukes Be Disarmed?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:02 pm 
News Team
News Team

Popular debate. Title says it all. I'm all for disarming the entire world's stockpile's of nukes. Anyone disagree?

Ex-Moderator

Post subject: Re: Should Nukes Be Disarmed?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:54 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I tried to open up my post in a way that isn't insulting in any sense, but I can't. Whoever wants to disarm nukes is naive and should be kept far, far away from politics, DoDs, and anything military.

This is more of a placeholder than anything. I gotta go like...er, now. but anyways, read up on MAD.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:46 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

even if you disarmed all nukes,the blueprints and tech are out there and anyone could secretly make them so whats been done cant be helped,no point in disarming them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:49 am 
News Team
News Team

Disarming would get rid of the majority of nukes. Some people would still make them, but there wouldn't be enough anymore to cause a world end. I'll see what Duo has to say, then go farther into it.

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:53 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ponk wrote:
Disarming would get rid of the majority of nukes. Some people would still make them, but there wouldn't be enough anymore to cause a world end. I'll see what Duo has to say, then go farther into it.

maybe not a world end but im sure it could cause enough damage to come near wiping out small countries or states so still no

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:56 am 
News Team
News Team

Small groups who make nukes can be dealt with. Disarming would be to avoid all out nuke wars between countries that could cause a nuclear winter.

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:44 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Ponk wrote:
Small groups who make nukes can be dealt with. Disarming would be to avoid all out nuke wars between countries that could cause a nuclear winter.
Sadly, it's actually the other way around. The only thing stopping the Soviets from nuking the U.S in the cold war was that the U.S would just nuke then straight back and vice versa. If all of the developed nations disarm their nukes countries like North Korea get the mind set that they could nuke all the countries that opposed them since they were some of the only people with WoMD. I think that the nukes are mainly for status than anything else.. It makes them seem 'powerful' to fascist nations that are hell bent on destroying everything.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:01 am 
News Team
News Team

Very unfortunately, it's impossible to disarm every nuke. What I mean't on this topic is 'Would you disarm every nuke, if possible?" Most people don't understand what nuclear energy can do. Most pictures show a blast from a nuke that looks to be about a few hundred feet wide and look like an average bomb. Those blasts are actually up to 8 kilometers and fling radiation for tens of more kilometers. The land near it is unusable for thousands of years if the bomb contains plutonium. The U.S. did an underground test in a salt mine. The explosion left a giant spehrical hole in the earth. People went down 10 days later and found it was 130 degrees and had green and yellow salt stalactites. It's sad that nukes were ever created.

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Ponk wrote:
Very unfortunately, it's impossible to disarm every nuke. What I mean't on this topic is 'Would you disarm every nuke, if possible?" Most people don't understand what nuclear energy can do. Most pictures show a blast from a nuke that looks to be about a few hundred feet wide and look like an average bomb. Those blasts are actually up to 8 kilometers and fling radiation for tens of more kilometers. The land near it is unusable for thousands of years if the bomb contains plutonium. The U.S. did an underground test in a salt mine. The explosion left a giant spehrical hole in the earth. People went down 10 days later and found it was 130 degrees and had green and yellow salt stalactites. It's sad that nukes were ever created.
Ofc I would disarm every nuke, if possible.. I might as well end poverty while I'm at it. The solution is so for out of reach - if it wasn't I'm pretty sure we would be rid of the things ASAP.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 am 
News Team
News Team

As I'm typing this post, there's a thing on the news about Russia and U.S. discussing disarming nukes =P

Ex-Moderator

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next