It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reproductive Health Bill.... To be passed or not?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:24 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

well....to all you Filipino Forumers out there... you surely know of the RH bill. it states:

 "The inclusion of Family Planning Supplies as Essential Medicines and which leads to the Procurement & Distribution of the same to the Local Governments and for the Whole Country (Sec 10, 11).

This clearly refers to the procurement by the National Government of supplies (as condoms, contraceptives and artificial methods) and the distribution of the same to all Filipinos in the whole country.

The Definition of Terms (Sec 4) of the Bill does not specifically define “Family Planning Supplies” but it does refer to “a full range of safe, legal, affordable, effective and modern methods of limiting and spacing pregnancy” (par. h). The “modern methods” refers to safe, effective and legal methods, whether natural or artificial, that are registered with the Food and Drug Administration or the Department of Health” (par. n)

 The teaching of Reproductive Health and Sexuality Education to students starting from Grade Five up to Fourth Year High School both public and private schools, including out-of-school youth and those in the Alternative Learning Systems (Sec 16)."

-------------

My Pastor in Church says:

I am a Christian Filipino. As such, I respect the Bible, the Word of God, and the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines. May I thus cite some references that guide my convictions regarding the matter at hand as a Christian Filipino:

Ps 127:1 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it… (KJV)

Heb 13:4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge. (NKJV)

1 Cor 7:9 but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion. (NKJV)

Eph 5:31-32 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery… (KJV)

The Philippine Constitution states:

Article XV, THE FAMILY

Section 1. The State recognizes the Filipino family as the foundation of the nation. Accordingly, it shall strengthen its solidarity and actively promote its total development.

Section 2. Marriage, as an inviolable social institution, is the FOUNDATION OF THE FAMILY and shall be protected by the State.

------------------------

Pastor's Message:

The Consolidated RH Bill does not promote nor protect Marriage. What it does promote are “natural and modern methods of family planning that are medically safe and legal” and “medically safe, legal, accessible, affordable and effective services and supplies.” There is no mention in the bill that the authors RECOGNIZE the Constitutional provision that “Marriage is the Foundation of the Family.”

The fact is, the Bill undermines the Institution of Marriage and endangers the Filipino Family. It subtly brings about a culture that marriage is not needed to have safe and enjoyable sex and even have children. Nowhere in the Bill do the authors uphold the Biblical principle and the Filipino values that marriage is important and that sex should come within the context of marriage! They aim to teach sex education to Grade Five pupils rather than teach marriage as a foundation of the family. They aim to procure contraceptives and condoms and distribute them to everyone without due regard to marriage as an institution.

Marriage is not simply a church doctrine. It is wrong to say that marriage is a matter of the church. If it is, then mayors, judges and ship captains should not at all perform marriage ceremonies! As it is then, the ministers, mayors, judges and all officials who perform marriages should be equipped to give proper counsel to all who get married and start families, and not just the health care providers mentioned in the Bill.

Moreover, it is not the teachers or health workers who can best understand the physical well-being of the children – but their own parents. They are the ones who should be taught parenting and be made aware of issues that confront their children instead of putting these responsibility on the teachers and health workers. Let us not infringe upon the sacredness and autonomy of the Filipino family! Instead, let us help Filipino parents build strong families with the right values.

---------------------

What do you think about it??? should the RH bill be passed or not???

Last edited by pbleebait on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Reproductive Health Bill.... To be passed or not?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:53 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Sounds positive to me, any nation that still defines it's laws on marriage and sex by religious convention is still living in the dark ages in my opinion.

An entire nation cannot simply demand that it's citizens follow the conventions of a religion that they need not even follow. That's like telling people what to believe, and that's certainly not right.

I also don't think teaching the facts about sex has anything to do with 'physical well-being' and I certainly don't think that all parents can be trusted to teach these facts at all, if accurately, of their own accord.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

okay. fixed it.. now it's divided.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Routhy wrote:
Sounds positive to me, any nation that still defines it's laws on marriage and sex by religious convention is still living in the dark ages in my opinion.

An entire nation cannot simply demand that it's citizens follow the conventions of a religion that they need not even follow. That's like telling people what to believe, and that's certainly not right.

I also don't think teaching the facts about sex has anything to do with 'physical well-being' and I certainly don't think that all parents can be trusted to teach these facts at all, if accurately, of their own accord.

That is very true. Routhy just stated what I would've said.

No signatures will be made.

Spam Day RPs have been thrown away.

Tittle as Maintenance Team and GM as been abandoned.

Good luck with the forums, you'll need it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:37 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

As much as I don't necessary agree to the RH Bill for religious purposes, I don't see how RH Bill can actually affect the family (except when around what? 20-30% ppl start to become nymphs, living for sex like in America, which I don't want)

But alas, it's happening for most of the world, so no...it'll just encourage immorality without consequences. (this is for the singles)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:19 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

well. they said they would distribute condom to everyone and I wouldn't want that.

and they would also teach grade 5 kids Sex ed cuz that's the age when they could get pregnant so they should teach "safe" sex.

I believe that you shouldn't even HAVE sex if you don't want the result of it. (baby). Sex is mainly for having babies.

then some are also getting mad about unwanted babies. DON'T HAVE SEX IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU DON'T WANT A BABY!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

weather you like it or not a lot people are having sex for pleasure not procreation evolution made sex a pleasurable thing to encourage animals to preform it otherwise species wouldn't expand very fast if at all
it's main goal is procreation yes, but the reason often isn't and this helps reduced the negative effects

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:00 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
it'll just encourage immorality without consequences. (this is for the singles)

What is immoral about sex? That's a religious idea, and as I mentioned in my last post. Religious ideals should not be used to set standards for laws (or for deciding what is 'moral')

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:52 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Routhy wrote:
Quote:
it'll just encourage immorality without consequences. (this is for the singles)

What is immoral about sex? That's a religious idea, and as I mentioned in my last post. Religious ideals should not be used to set standards for laws (or for deciding what is 'moral')

That you claim- yet the church does not. For the church seeks to force certain rules and morals upon the people worldwide and it is the Church that directed many of the current US Laws. Not that I agree to this- at all, but the Church has a lot of power and that will not change anytime soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:12 am 
Captain
Captain

your pastor is merely sad because not everyone else will live exactly by his creed

seriously grow up and note that you cannot completely rely on a religious text to dictate society.

more importantly, your pastor relied on only the words of paul and the OT. hardly the source of best information around.

sex is not immoral. sex can be done for pleasure. purely for please. 50% of fertilized embryos are flushed out by the body accidentally. if your god designed the human body properly then pregnancy would occur more often.

i cant agree with the grade 5 thing but im pretty sure if its anything like the talk we got in australia no serious discussions happen until around 13-14 when pretty much everyone has hit puberty.

the problem with your reasoning is you feel abstinence works. quite frankly, giving a kid world or warcraft ensures virginity better then giving the kid a chastity ring. the bible belt of USA is famous for its increased teen pregnancies despite the heavy intolerance for sex before marriage. simply put. uninformed hormonal teenagers are more likely to get a baby, drop out of school, miss out on tertiary education then informed hormonal teenagers. not to mention the spread of STIs.

your pastor is eloquent, but he doesnt even try to hide his ulterior agenda which is: "i feel everyone should live the way i feel they should live based on this book"

the genitals have a lot of control on humans. you cant deny that and assume everyone will react the same to their urges or show restraint simply because a popular religion says so.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]