It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 8:09 pm
Posts: 1918
Location: Look behind you. Theres a shadow. Look at where it is. It isnt me
Gender: male
dylsupreme1 wrote:
In my world, there would be no money. No government. No wars, and no fights. No guns, and no knives. No rapists, no pedophiles, no psychopaths, no sociopaths. No FBI or CIA, because, well if there's no war or crime, their not needed. Sexuality wouldn't matter. Race wouldn't matter. Gender wouldn't matter. Age wouldn't matter. weight wouldn't matter. Personal beliefs wouldn't matter. There would be no such thing as hate, hate would just be a foreign concept not seen or heard of by any of the world's inhabitants. Poverty would not exist. No stores. At least not in the way they are today. You wouldn't have to pay for anything in those stores. It wouldn't be 'take everything and run', it would be pick what you like, within a reasonable limit, and leave.


Liberty would be more than an ideal. It would be what makes the world go round. All kinds of marriage would be absolutely legal everywhere, and no love would be considered mundane, or wrong. There would be no religion. No atheists, no Christians, no Muslims, etc. Anyone would be free to eat and drink anything, to express what their heart desires, and to do as they please, save it being morally right.


There would be no countries and as previously mentioned, no governments. Everything would be one and people would rule themselves. The pursuit of happiness and love would always prevail in the face of nonexistent turbulence.


This is my new one

_________________
Retired AANC Mentor | Retired MT Member | CMoTM | SoTM
IGN(s) : Maxattack, MAXS

Retired player, trying to come back again.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:00 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:55 am
Posts: 1160
dylsupreme1 wrote:
In my world, there would be no money. No government. No wars, and no fights. No guns, and no knives. No rapists, no pedophiles, no psychopaths, no sociopaths. No FBI or CIA, because, well if there's no war or crime, their not needed. Sexuality wouldn't matter. Race wouldn't matter. Gender wouldn't matter. Age wouldn't matter. weight wouldn't matter. Personal beliefs wouldn't matter. There would be no such thing as hate, hate would just be a foreign concept not seen or heard of by any of the world's inhabitants. Poverty would not exist. No stores. At least not in the way they are today. You wouldn't have to pay for anything in those stores. It wouldn't be 'take everything and run', it would be pick what you like, within a reasonable limit, and leave.


Liberty would be more than an ideal. It would be what makes the world go round. All kinds of marriage would be absolutely legal everywhere, and no love would be considered mundane, or wrong. There would be no religion. No atheists, no Christians, no Muslims, etc. Anyone would be free to eat and drink anything, to express what their heart desires, and to do as they please, save it being morally right.


There would be no countries and as previously mentioned, no governments. Everything would be one and people would rule themselves. The pursuit of happiness and love would always prevail in the face of nonexistent turbulence.

Sounds rather boring. The beauty of this world comes from the fact that people can and will do anything they want.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:01 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm
Posts: 411
Location: In my own little world.
Gender: male
maxattack wrote:
Sethex wrote:
freefood wrote:
I honestly like the idea of becoming a ghost and staying on the world forever more so than ascending to some sort of higher plane never to be seen or heard from again. I like the idea of a ghost having immorality, and be able to watch the world continue, maybe be able to influence it a bit through your voice, but never die and never physically affect anything. To be a present observer would be my ideal after death scenario


pretty much the same for me. just watching the human race advance for all eternity. see how far we go before we die out :D



Yeah but your stuck there even when they die out.


if i could make myself a ghost i would find a way to unmake myself a ghost so i could find the blissful oblivion :lol:

_________________
Sig thx to black Revolution
Image

(´・ω・`)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:23 am
Posts: 1115
Location: Robot Island
Gender: male
everything cool is what i imagine what a personal haven will be

_________________
Image
AANC Mentor
Image
made in the hands of darklighter
BD Maintenance
TLG
RFFN


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Got 99 problems but location ain't one
Gender: male
Diazepam wrote:
dylsupreme1 wrote:
In my world, there would be no money. No government. No wars, and no fights. No guns, and no knives. No rapists, no pedophiles, no psychopaths, no sociopaths. No FBI or CIA, because, well if there's no war or crime, their not needed. Sexuality wouldn't matter. Race wouldn't matter. Gender wouldn't matter. Age wouldn't matter. weight wouldn't matter. Personal beliefs wouldn't matter. There would be no such thing as hate, hate would just be a foreign concept not seen or heard of by any of the world's inhabitants. Poverty would not exist. No stores. At least not in the way they are today. You wouldn't have to pay for anything in those stores. It wouldn't be 'take everything and run', it would be pick what you like, within a reasonable limit, and leave.


Liberty would be more than an ideal. It would be what makes the world go round. All kinds of marriage would be absolutely legal everywhere, and no love would be considered mundane, or wrong. There would be no religion. No atheists, no Christians, no Muslims, etc. Anyone would be free to eat and drink anything, to express what their heart desires, and to do as they please, save it being morally right.


There would be no countries and as previously mentioned, no governments. Everything would be one and people would rule themselves. The pursuit of happiness and love would always prevail in the face of nonexistent turbulence.

Sounds rather boring. The beauty of this world comes from the fact that people can and will do anything they want.



I said that people can do anything they want. Did you read the whole thing? I just said that there would be no wars or guns. If you think wars are beautiful then you don't know what pure beauty is.

That's all. Not going to get into an argument here.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:10 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:55 am
Posts: 1160
dylsupreme1 wrote:
Diazepam wrote:
dylsupreme1 wrote:
In my world, there would be no money. No government. No wars, and no fights. No guns, and no knives. No rapists, no pedophiles, no psychopaths, no sociopaths. No FBI or CIA, because, well if there's no war or crime, their not needed. Sexuality wouldn't matter. Race wouldn't matter. Gender wouldn't matter. Age wouldn't matter. weight wouldn't matter. Personal beliefs wouldn't matter. There would be no such thing as hate, hate would just be a foreign concept not seen or heard of by any of the world's inhabitants. Poverty would not exist. No stores. At least not in the way they are today. You wouldn't have to pay for anything in those stores. It wouldn't be 'take everything and run', it would be pick what you like, within a reasonable limit, and leave.


Liberty would be more than an ideal. It would be what makes the world go round. All kinds of marriage would be absolutely legal everywhere, and no love would be considered mundane, or wrong. There would be no religion. No atheists, no Christians, no Muslims, etc. Anyone would be free to eat and drink anything, to express what their heart desires, and to do as they please, save it being morally right.


There would be no countries and as previously mentioned, no governments. Everything would be one and people would rule themselves. The pursuit of happiness and love would always prevail in the face of nonexistent turbulence.

Sounds rather boring. The beauty of this world comes from the fact that people can and will do anything they want.



I said that people can do anything they want. Did you read the whole thing? I just said that there would be no wars or guns. If you think wars are beautiful then you don't know what pure beauty is.

That's all. Not going to get into an argument here.


Your ideal world has alot of limitations restricting free will. For example the lack of knives. Knives are used for many purposes. Art, cutting food, creating things, sport etc.

It's the general lack of free will that makes your ideal world sound unappealing to me. There is no point in trying to make it sound like I said war is beautiful. Because clearly I didn't say that. I would rather live in this world, than your world. I don't like restrictions to my free will.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Got 99 problems but location ain't one
Gender: male
There are other things than knifes that can be used for those kinds of things.


But, I digress. I'm not going to ('debate'?) any further.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 am
Posts: 79
Location: St. Louis, MO
Gender: male
maxattack wrote:
freefood wrote:
I honestly like the idea of becoming a ghost and staying on the world forever more so than ascending to some sort of higher plane never to be seen or heard from again. I like the idea of a ghost having immorality, and be able to watch the world continue, maybe be able to influence it a bit through your voice, but never die and never physically affect anything. To be a present observer would be my ideal after death scenario


So when the world ends youll be left here?

But id like to be able to switch between my heaven and earth.


When this world ends I would hope humanity has progressed far beyond a single-planet society, and as a ghost in the way I imagine it I'd be able to go as far as humans can, so I could leave this world with them.

@dyl- I might be shot for this, since its Stephanie Meyer, but have you ever read The Host? Way better than Twilight, and it covers the pros and cons of your sort of system pretty well in my opinion. And I definitely do think there are cons to it. Severe ones. But that doesn't necessarily mean the system is worse than the current one, it just means you can't pretend it's perfect. Some people won't like it, just like some people don't like the current one.

_________________
nom nom nom

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Got 99 problems but location ain't one
Gender: male
On a day to day scale, I think it's almost undeniable that it would be pretty damn great. Love and peace are never bad.


On a long term scale... it might not work out so good when you consider the cons.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Personal Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:23 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 am
Posts: 79
Location: St. Louis, MO
Gender: male
dylsupreme1 wrote:
On a day to day scale, I think it's almost undeniable that it would be pretty damn great. Love and peace are never bad.


On a long term scale... it might not work out so good when you consider the cons.


even on a day to day stuff there would be stuff i couldn't do. Sometimes its just more fun to shoplift and run the risk of getting caught than it is to pay for it, and definitely more fun than to have it handed to you. Struggle defines who you are. Who would you be if you'd never heard of murder? If you'd never been hated? If you'd never had to defend your sexuality against senseless bigotry? You'd be undeniably different. The world would be better most likely, but would you? I'd tend to say no to the second, but it's your own personal heaven ;) If you say yes to the second, by all means have fun up there :D I'll be next door shoplifting

_________________
nom nom nom

Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl