It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Re: Two cc's.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:06 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The name in the rankings is the name of the mech, which does not need to be the same as the account name. Account names are unique, mech names are not.

In my case, my account name is bigdaddy22 (this is what the forum uses), but my mech's name on the rankings is bigdaddy. I also have my old account, with a different account name but the mech name is also bigdaddy.

there are two mechs called bigdaddy, and I imagine its a similar thing with cc.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:29 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

In my opinion, the game shows only letters (a-z) and numbers (0-9), any other symbol isn't displayed.
That's why you get same named mechs in the game and you may also meet mechs who's name isn't visible at all (like i've met).

As for forums, you can log-in to the forums with the very same username and psw as you do in the game (that's what i did, without the need to create a new forum account with different name).

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:28 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Ok, guys, only the forum account names are unique, but the mech name you write after creating an account isn't. That's why there are two cc's in the ranking list, and probably more than two of other names.

BigDaddy22 wrote:
The name in the rankings is the name of the mech, which does not need to be the same as the account name. Account names are unique, mech names are not.

In my case, my account name is bigdaddy22 (this is what the forum uses), but my mech's name on the rankings is bigdaddy. I also have my old account, with a different account name but the mech name is also bigdaddy.

there are two mechs called bigdaddy, and I imagine its a similar thing with cc.

Bigdaddy is right, folks!(I didn't read this post before I wrote my stuff :P )

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

SideOneDummy wrote:
Well again, my only concern by allowing this would be some sort f identity theft thing. What if someone, for whatever reason, develops a grudge against another player in the game and creates the same mech name just to piss other people off and have them dislike said mech. Might sound a bit unlikely, but I think it is worth discussing/exploring.

Identity theft as such is if someone uses your real name to impersonate you, usually for financial gain.

In the internet, there's no law against using different usernames since username doesn't belong to you (you have no rights over your username).
It's basically the same with nicknames. Even though nickname is generated mostly from your first name, it doesn't mean someone else can't use the same nickname if they have the same or similar first name.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:54 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

When someone stole my name in battledawn I wasn't so happy :roll: I went and killed him and his alliance just to make sure noobs weren't stealing my name :twisted: I agree totally that people shouldn't have the same names. It's not nice seeing someone taking your name for the fame you've worked on making (even if it is only game fame) and destroying it by playing poorly :(

(I know this is for SM :P, just comparing it to BD) :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:59 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

He learnt his lesson :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next