It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: E1 NEXT ERA,
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:56 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

an enemy booster makes the enemy more challenging of course, but if that stops you, you clearly are not that great of a player, as deadman said, boosting has been around since old client, ive seen non boosters wipe the floor with mass donaters, at the end of the day it is the skill of the players, the donating only gives them as its titled, a boost.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:02 pm 
Captain
Captain

If you fall prone to a back stab and lose then you are not fit to win the era after all.

I believe, that, if you are strong you should be prepared for whatever may come your way, especially because you're strong that these things may come your way.

littleconqueror wrote:
well said backstabbing is the cheapest way to win and if u have to resort to that to win then u dont deserve the win

Simply put, again, if you fall to a back stab you didn't deserve the win, allies is just a name.

It's like back dooring in games like DotA or LoL, it is the same aspect, if you fall to it, then you are not prepared to win.

There is a risk when you back stab, you either win and take all, or lose everything trying.

【Fantasy】【EB】【Wolf】

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:45 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

AnitsuEx wrote:
If you fall prone to a back stab and lose then you are not fit to win the era after all.

I believe, that, if you are strong you should be prepared for whatever may come your way, especially because you're strong that these things may come your way.

littleconqueror wrote:
well said backstabbing is the cheapest way to win and if u have to resort to that to win then u dont deserve the win

Simply put, again, if you fall to a back stab you didn't deserve the win, allies is just a name.

It's like back dooring in games like DotA or LoL, it is the same aspect, if you fall to it, then you are not prepared to win.

There is a risk when you back stab, you either win and take all, or lose everything trying.

correct.

Last edited by Rildor on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

littleconqueror wrote:
lets jus say this if there is a guy with the highest power symbol at tik 450 and used money and u were at war with that alliance that was overall very active is that an even match up?

That can be done legitimately pretty easily if you're active and in a heavily populated area. But, even assuming it was donation based - big army doesn't equal skill, activity, tactical ability. Certainly doesn't guarantee a win. Not even close.

All of BD's records are held without donation, people that whine about losing to donators just aren't trying hard enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Every1 can boost. Every1 could be extremely active. But not every1 has the same level of skills and dedication. Skills ultimately decide if youre the better player or not. Boosting and activity may b a strong variable, but they will never surpass the value of the skills you are born with, which marks you as different from every1 else.

The New Brotherhood of Steel... brothers till death rip us apart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:05 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

mfreak wrote:
littleconqueror wrote:
lets jus say this if there is a guy with the highest power symbol at tik 450 and used money and u were at war with that alliance that was overall very active is that an even match up?

Kind of referring to ML is it? :lol:

Boost, dont boost. Some people do, some people dont. People in school dont have lot of cash to spare, so they dont boost that much (Assuming they aren't THAT rich :D ). People like me that work, have money to spend, so I admit, that if my alliance is in trouble Ill buy 10000 reds, just to win a battle. Then again there are people who dont believe in spending so much of money for a game. Its just a personal choice.

As for even matchups, you are never gonna find any. There are lot of teams that are not only very skilled, but also very active and coordinated. If your team isn't good enough, dont blame it on the money, or power levels etc. Everyone starts out on an even world, with the same amount of resources etc. Its just upto you how you plan your strategy and relations.

Backstabbing - What do you consider backstabbing? If an alliance breaks an NAP, is that backstabbing? Maybe or Maybe not. Sometimes if both the friendly alliances are going for the win, you might have to attack or kill the other alliance and break the NAP. Terms always change, as situations do. You gotta be mature about it, and if you see another alliance attacking which usually will be a spam bomb, then deal with it, and dont complain. Like Rildor said, people who say they fight with honor, etc, are guys that lose the game and then blame it on some alliance backstabbing them, when they themselves would do it. Backstab or no backstab, you gotta be prepared for war always.

By all means when it does come to the end. It comes to question. Will you war for the win or give the win to where its due. I will gladly war an allly at the end for the win. Head to head. I wont surprise attack them or something dishonorable however. I ask my alliance if they want to war or hand over. I may not have been the most forceful and strong leader but I did have my alliance vote. It lead to them to trust me more. If I had to I did lay the law down. I have made deals they disliked and liked without them cause I did what was best at the time. Everyone has their methods.
I refuse to backstab and forever will. I will gladly give my crystals up and leave my alliance. It may be a simple belief to most but to me its a lot. I value the truth greatly. When I agree to a NAP or an alliance. I will not be the one that breaks it. But once it breaks. I will fight till the bitter end. There is no accidents or mistakes. I will crush them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:26 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

some Boosters Boost because it will give them a more higher advantage..
and about the skills. anyone can reach in top 10 even without boosting ;)
so dont tell to Boosters that its really unfair. they just taking some advantages of it. *i Dont Boost red tokens btw*

and Backstabbing, it is not really bad. its the thing we called "Strategy" that the great leader has. i can say. i never backstab but understand them.
why you need to fight an alliance where you have less chance of winning if you can stab them at the back? that time they will fall easily without much losses. . remember BattleDawn is a Strategy game and to win. and there is no Rule says "No Backstabbing allowed" so its Legal

Highest Crystals: 93
Highest Rank: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
By all means when it does come to the end. It comes to question. Will you war for the win or give the win to where its due. I will gladly war an allly at the end for the win. Head to head. I wont surprise attack them or something dishonorable however. I ask my alliance if they want to war or hand over. I may not have been the most forceful and strong leader but I did have my alliance vote. It lead to them to trust me more. If I had to I did lay the law down. I have made deals they disliked and liked without them cause I did what was best at the time. Everyone has their methods.
I refuse to backstab and forever will. I will gladly give my crystals up and leave my alliance. It may be a simple belief to most but to me its a lot. I value the truth greatly. When I agree to a NAP or an alliance. I will not be the one that breaks it. But once it breaks. I will fight till the bitter end. There is no accidents or mistakes. I will crush them.

I will never handover relics or crystals. That is just being too weak. Like I said, backstabbing or surprise attacking someone, is not dishonorable. People just seem to attach too much of importance to these things, when this is actually just a strategy game. When you attack an alliance is also very important in deciding your alliance's future for the era. Just making a NAP with the whole world, sitting and building, and then when one attacks, blame it on backstabbing, and then go inactive cuz you are "disgusted" with the era, is what normally happens with people who talk of honor etc....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

mfreak wrote:
I will never handover relics or crystals. That is just being too weak. Like I said, backstabbing or surprise attacking someone, is not dishonorable. People just seem to attach too much of importance to these things, when this is actually just a strategy game. When you attack an alliance is also very important in deciding your alliance's future for the era. Just making a NAP with the whole world, sitting and building, and then when one attacks, blame it on backstabbing, and then go inactive cuz you are "disgusted" with the era, is what normally happens with people who talk of honor etc....

I had only one case where I did this. It was decided that war would happen for fun but due to personal matters I was force to quit battledawn. My relic holders had the choice to join the top alliance. One did it and the other quit. I was the glue that held my alliance together. You may call it weak but it takes more strength to follow a belief then to go with the flow. When I formed alliances and NAPs. I have strict limits placed. So I can see a backstab coming a mile away. I never form NAPs and alliances with everyone. I pick one good ally and may NAP off one or two potential enemies for later to have some fun with. If I loss a fight no matter how it started then I lost. I will go inactive as for I lost. I can better place my time else where. I will still log on occasions to build unless I was there just for fun. Once the fun is over I stop playing. Simple as that.

Its not fun to go against my beliefs but I wont betray my alliance either. If i am not the best for the group I gladly step away and give up what I have to help the alliance. Its no longer a game of fun if it requires you to go against your personal beliefs. However, if you can judge a person's character then you shouldnt have conflicting beliefs with your leader.

I'm quite sure by all means the definition of honor goes against backstabbing. There shouldnt ever be a surprise attack. You should be prepared at all times. If you were surprised then that fault is with you. Backstabbing and surprise attacks arent always the same. You can still be honorable with a surprise attack on an enemy. Its called good tactics.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
I had only one case where I did this. It was decided that war would happen for fun but due to personal matters I was force to quit battledawn. My relic holders had the choice to join the top alliance. One did it and the other quit. I was the glue that held my alliance together. You may call it weak but it takes more strength to follow a belief then to go with the flow. When I formed alliances and NAPs. I have strict limits placed. So I can see a backstab coming a mile away. I never form NAPs and alliances with everyone. I pick one good ally and may NAP off one or two potential enemies for later to have some fun with. If I loss a fight no matter how it started then I lost. I will go inactive as for I lost. I can better place my time else where. I will still log on occasions to build unless I was there just for fun. Once the fun is over I stop playing. Simple as that.

What do you mean by a loss? Say you lose 500 squads in a fight. Would you quit then? I wouldn't. I would still attempt to rebuild, cuz the enemy will be weak too after taking on 500 squads. I would rebuild, and try defending or attacking again. The fun doesn't end with one single loss. Of course if you get conquered, relics taken, crystals and outposts taken at tick 2000, then its game over. But if the alliance I fought fights another team, Id spam, try to kill a squad here or there, build some nukes to nuke the enemy and be a pain. Thats fun.

Quote:
Its not fun to go against my beliefs but I wont betray my alliance either. If i am not the best for the group I gladly step away and give up what I have to help the alliance. Its no longer a game of fun if it requires you to go against your personal beliefs. However, if you can judge a person's character then you shouldn't have conflicting beliefs with your leader.

I am not asking to go against your beliefs. I am just saying, you gotta be prepared to do what it takes to win.

Quote:
I'm quite sure by all means the definition of honor goes against backstabbing. There shouldnt ever be a surprise attack. You should be prepared at all times. If you were surprised then that fault is with you. Backstabbing and surprise attacks arent always the same. You can still be honorable with a surprise attack on an enemy. Its called good tactics.

Backstabbing doesnt nearly have the same definition in Battledawn as it has outiside of this game. Yeah if someone backstabs me in real life, then it would definitely get on my nerves. But backstabbing on Battledawn, is just attacking another alliance. Everyone tries to surprise attack the enemy, when they are sleeping, etc., Whether it works or not is another thing. You gotta do what is necessary to win.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next